The Health Care Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan has several resources for public health professionals. Documents related to Communicable Diseases and Pandemic Preparedness may be reviewed here.
The Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) launched its voluntary national accreditation program for state, local, territorial, and tribal public health departments in 2011. MPHA received a grant from the American Public Health Association to provide informational resources to Michigan’s local health departments regarding PHAB readiness activities.
MPHA, in partnership with the Michigan Department of Community Health, the Michigan Public Health Institute, and the Michigan Association of Local Public Health, developed a series of Learning Community webinars which will feature several Michigan Accreditation Coordinators as they share their experiences preparing for PHAB accreditation. The webinars include:
- MDHHS Health & Wellness 4 x 4 Tool
- Michigan Association of Local Public Health
- Michigan Public Health Institute
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Michigan Primary Care Association
- University of Michigan, School of Public Health
- Michigan State University, Program in Public Health
- Wayne State University
- Healthy Kids Healthy Michigan
- The Network for Public Health Law